Cardiac rehabilitation programs
Our Phase II Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation programs aim to maximize your daily function and quality of life while minimizing the amount of emergency care you need. Our nurse case managers provide ongoing education and counseling; follow-up with your primary care physician will also contribute to a successful recovery.
Our goals for you
These programs of heart health education and progressive exercise are designed to:
- Increase cardiac fitness
- Educate about cardiovascular disease
- Reduce risk factors
- Assist in return to work
- Promote psychological adjustment
We also offer the latest methods of support for patients in end-stage heart failure. Although medical therapy is proving increasingly successful, coordination of care for those needing transplantation or devices is readily provided by our cardiology and surgical staff.
Whether you're at risk for heart or pulmonary disease, living with it, or you're in full recovery, we encourage you to participate in our wellness programs to maintain a lifelong commitment of healthy living. Your family is welcome to participate, too.
Our cardiac rehab facilities
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center (third floor of the main hospital), 503-413-6723
- Legacy Meridian Park Medical Center (main entrance to the hospital), 503-692-2548
- Legacy Mount Hood Medical Center (Medical Office Building 3, Suite 130), 503-674-1590
- Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center (Medical Office Building A, Suite 320), 360-487-3770
Off-site, with Legacy-supervised wellness programs:
- ClubSport in Tigard, 503-968-4507
- Multnomah Athletic Club in Portland (for members only), 503-223-8740
- RiverPlace Athletic Club in Portland, 503-221-1212 x770
We offer free Heart Education Lectures, vascular screenings, and occasional special events.