Healthy Heart education lectures
Pre-registration is requested by calling 503-413-6723 or signing the clipboard by the cardiac gym.
This free series is brought to you by Legacy Good Samaritan's Cardiac Rehabilitation Program to help heart patients achieve their best cardiovascular health. The lectures are intended for people who have recently had heart attacks, angina or heart surgery, or are at risk for heart problems. Families are encouraged to attend as well. Our speakers include:
- Exercise physiologists
When and where
Each 45-minute lecture is offered on Wednesday morning at 7:45 a.m. and 10:15 a.m., in the third floor conference room at Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center. Pre-registration is requested by calling 503-413-6723 or signing the clipboard by the cardiac gym.
- See the Winter 2015 schedule for Healthy Heart Lectures through March, 2015
- See a campus map and driving directions for Legacy Good Samaritan
A wide range of topics
An example of the lecture topics include:
- The Truth Behind Those Food Labels
- Age Defying Fitness: Preserve Your Sense of Balance
- Not All Fats Are Created Equal
- Cardiac Medications: What Do You Need to Know?
- Eat Smart When Dining Out
- Stress and Emotional Health
- Good Carbs: The Secret to Heart Health
- Cardiac Maintenance
- Eat More to Weigh Less