Kidney transplant services
Legacy Transplant Services
Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center
1040 NW 22nd Ave., Suite 480
Portland, OR 97210-3025
Phone: 503-413-6555 or 877-622-8030
Every kidney transplant patient who comes to Legacy Transplant Services is different. However, one thing they all have in common is the personal care they receive here.
A commitment to excellent outcomes
The quality of our care is high because we tailor treatment to each individual. Legacy's transplant team consists of surgeons, medical specialists, nurse coordinators, social workers and ancillary staff members who provide superior, specialized expertise throughout the transplant process.
From careful pre-transplant monitoring to post-surgical care, Legacy's strong commitment to continuous quality improvement creates excellent outcomes for transplant patients. Since its start, Legacy Transplant Services has been at the forefront of kidney transplantation. We are home to the first laparoscopic kidney donation in Oregon, and the only transplant program in Oregon to be a member of the Alliance for Paired Donation.
- Thomas D Batiuk, M.D., PhD - Transplant Nephrologist
- William M Bennett, M.D. - Medical Director, Transplant Nephrologist
- Viken Douzdjian, M.D. - Surgical Director, Transplant Recipient Surgeon
- Kevin M McEvoy, M.D. - Transplant Recipient Surgeon
- Michael J Kaempf, M.D. - Open Donor Nephrectomy Surgeon
- Steven K Matous, M.D. - Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy Surgeon
- John W Ragsdale, M.D. - Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy Surgeon
In the press