Legacy's comprehensive neurosciences program offers state-of-the-art treatment of the brain and spine in both children and adults by board-certified neurologists, neurosurgeons, and neurological rehabilitation therapists. Our team of specialists all have additional training in the management of neurological disease. In addition, we have one of Oregon's largest clinical trials program, and conduct ongoing neurological research.
For more specific information:
If hospitalization is needed, Legacy offers specially trained staff and facilities across our system with Legacy Emanuel Medical Center at the center. From initial diagnosis to treatment and rehabilitation, we provide our patients with the best possible care so they can return to their daily lives.
We evaluate and treat both common and unusual neurological conditions, with special expertise in epilepsy and award-winning stroke programs at all five of our hospitals.
Under the medical leadership of neurosurgeon Jefferson Chen, M.D., we offer advanced brain and spinal surgery, and access to cancer care at the nationally recognized Legacy Cancer Institute.
This is a minimally invasive approach to treating conditions within the blood vessels of the brain or spinal column. Learn more about interventional radiology.
Our highly specialized and renowned rehabilitation services include neurological rehabilitation and theLegacy Rehabilitation Institute of Oregon, the only facility of its kind in the state.
Neurological trauma care
Legacy Emanuel Medical Center has a full-status Level 1 Trauma Center and specially trained physician and nursing staff to care for neurosurgery patients.
We treat children with expertise and compassion for a wide range of neurological conditions, including brain tumors.
Related Legacy services
Our locations and providers
- Legacy Emanuel the hub of our expertise, offering a trauma center, neurology, neurosurgery, interventional neuroradiology, and neurological research and clinical trials.
- Legacy Good Samaritan, a pioneering leader in epilepsy treatment and home to the Rehabilitation Institute of Oregon, also offers an accredited stroke program, interventional neuroradiology and neurosurgery.
- Legacy Meridian Park, renowned for its stroke program, offers interventional neuroradiology and the Legacy Meridian Park Spine Center.
- Legacy Salmon Creek offers neurology expertise, the only specialized epilepsy services in SW Washington, an award-winning stroke program, and neurosurgery with a special inpatient unit and rehabilitation facilities.
- Legacy Mount Hood offers an accredited stroke program in addition to general neurology and full access to our system expertise for more specialized care.