Total Joint Centers-Meridian Park
Joint pain can affect all aspects of your life. We're here to help, with a coordinated approach to getting you back on track with treatment, education, family involvement and group interaction.
Coordinated, comprehensive care
When you call our referral line, a registered nurse will gather information and then refer you to an orthopedic rehabilitation physician or orthopedic surgeon. Whether you need pain management, physical therapy or surgery, we're with you every step of the way from diagnosis to recovery. In addition to our patient services, Legacy offers a number of free classes on orthopedic and sports medicine topics. Check out our current schedule
The latest in robotics
Legacy Meridian Park and Legacy Salmon Creek are the only hospitals in the region using the innovative robotic MAKOplasty Partial Knee Resurfacing. This technology gives our surgeons advanced precision to replace only the damaged aspects of the knee. Advanced precision means a more minimal surgery, reduced pain and rapid recovery - sometimes ideal for the younger patient who wants to remain active.
Earning a mark of distinction
Legacy Total Joint Center-Meridian Park has earned the prestigious Gold Seal of Approval for knees, shoulders and hip replacement from The Joint Commission — one of only 120 programs in the nation to earn certification for all three procedures.
The Joint Commission is an independent, nonprofit organization that accredits and certifies more than 17,000 health care organizations and programs in the United States. This accreditation and certification is recognized nationwide as a symbol of quality that reflects an organization's commitment to meeting high performance standards.
An expert surgical team
If surgery is the best solution for you, our family-centered care will involve you and your family as active partners in planning and making decisions. Our surgical team includes:
- Orthopedic surgeons who specialize in the latest techniques and treatments
- Orthopedic nurses specially trained in the needs of joint replacements
- Physical and occupational therapists to help you regain strength and mobility
- An orthopedic nurse case manager to plan all your pre- and post-surgery needs
- A discharge planner to help with home care arrangements after you leave the hospital
Latest technology for better outcomes
We employ the latest in medical technology for joint replacement surgery:
- Alternate bearing surfaces to help your replacement last longer
- Anterior hip procedures for a less invasive total hip replacement that is easier on the tissues
- Hip arthroscopy, a minimally invasive surgical procedure
- Image-guided surgery that adjusts to your unique anatomy
- Minimal incision surgery (for certain cases) using smaller incisions to shorten recovery time
- Robotic MAKOplasty partial knee resurfacing, a less invasive option
Skilled physical therapists from Legacy Rehabilitation Services are available to help continue your therapy after you leave the hospital. Our program coordinators will telephone to check on your recovery.
Total joint replacement — pre-operative preparation class
We look forward to seeing you at one of our weekly classes for patients scheduled for a total joint replacement. Gain the knowledge and confidence you need to achieve your best possible results. In the class you will:
- Learn how to prepare for surgery
- Learn about your recovery, pain management and how to prevent complications
- Meet with physical and occupational therapy, nursing and social services representatives
- Learn more about setting up for home recovery and the types of special equipment needed
- Receive a notebook to better prepare you for surgery
Classes are held each Tuesday from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Registration is required, please call our class scheduler for more information and to register: 503-692-2203
The center is staffed by the board-certified physicians and surgeons of Orthopedic Northwest, Sports Medicine Oregon, Oregon Orthopedic and Sports Medicine and Legacy Medical Group–Foot and Ankle.
Knee and hip
James Ballard, M.D.
Scott Grewe, M.D.
Christopher J. Nanson, M.D.
James Schader, M.D.
Terrence Sedgewick, M.D.
Kevin Murphy, M.D.
Stephen Pro, M.D.
Richard Edeleson, M.D.
Jonathan Greenleaf, M.D.
Thomas McWeeney, M.D.
David Huberty, M.D.
Hand and wrist
Michael Van Allen, M.D.
Foot and ankle
Jeffrey Feinblatt, M.D.
Tim Mineo, DPM
Legacy Meridian Park Medical Center
19300 S.W. 65th Ave.
Tualatin, OR 97062