Massage for health and healing
Massage therapy can help you heal from injuries, and from symptoms and side effects from illnesses such as cancer. A licensed massage therapist at Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center has special certification to work with cancer patients. With massage, you can also lessen stress, decrease pain, gain better blood flow and move more freely.
Benefits of massage
- Relaxes muscles and lowers tension
- Increases joint movement and flexibility
- Aids sleep
- Helps immune function
- Aids the body in ridding itself of metabolic waste
- Helps to calm
- Lowers stress and anxiety
- Promotes a feeling of well-being
- Offers a caring touch in a safe setting
- Supports participation in fitness and exercise
- Adds to elasticity of scar tissue
- Adds moisture with oil or lotion
- Helps maintain strength and flexibility lost to aging
Types of massage
- Relaxation and stress-lowering
- Deep tissue
- Manual lymphatic drainage (MLD)
Eileen Dolan is a licensed massage therapist trained in several types of massage, including Swedish, relaxation, Shiatsu and oncology. She has been practicing since 1994, and received her training from the Oregon School of Massage and Peregrine Institute of Oncology Massage. Dolan is also certified in oncology massage therapy and manual lymphatic drainage therapy. She is one of only two therapists in Oregon with oncology certification.
For a complete list of therapists, search our provider directory. Search now»
To make an appointment
To schedule an appointment, please call 503-413-6698.
Some insurance plans may pay you back for medically prescribed therapy. Please call your insurer to learn if massage is covered. At the time of your appointment, please pay by check, credit card or debit card.