The breathlessness and weakness of chronic lung disease can make it difficult to perform your everyday tasks and favorite hobbies.
Our team of highly trained, multidisciplinary professionals provide comprehensive evaluation, education and individualized exercise, as well as dietary and nursing consultations. We work closely with you and your physician to help you resume a more active lifestyle.
- Chronic bronchitis
- Cystic fibrosis
- Lung surgery including reduction/resection/transplantation
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Occupational or environmental lung disease
- Severe obesity
- Exercise therapy sessions let you work with a therapist to build a customized and progressive exercise routine. Your progress will be monitored during twice weekly rehabilitation sessions.
- Education sessions will teach you how to breathe effectively, conserve energy, manage anxiety, use relaxation skills, effectively control your symptoms, and use techniques for bronchial hygiene and health maintenance.
- Wellness programs provide monitored exercise, two times a week, for those who complete pulmonary rehab and are an excellent way to continue your fitness journey.
- Free monthly support groups usually with a guest speaker, are for patients, families and others interested in better management of chronic lung disease. Learn more information about the Portland Pulmonary Fibrosis Support Group. See below for the group's details or download the information sheet - here.
- Highly experienced therapists offer advanced training in pulmonary rehabilitation.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call:
- Legacy Good Samaritan, 503-413-6723
- Legacy Meridian Park, 503-692-2548
- Legacy Mount Hood, 503-674-1590
- Legacy Salmon Creek, 360-487-3770
Portland Pulmonary Fibrosis Support Group - With support from Good Samaritan Hospital & Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation
For people living with pulmonary fibrosis:
Legacy Good Samaritan Hospital
Building 2 / 2nd Floor Conference Room
1040 NW 22nd Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97210
The Portland Pulmonary Fibrosis Support Group meets every 3rd Thursday of the month from 1:00-3:00, and is open to anyone living with pulmonary fibrosis and their support people. The mission of this group is to improve one’s ability to cope and thrive while living with a restrictive lung disease by sharing information, experience and resources with others who are experiencing a similar health challenge. Health care professionals from a wide range of disciplines are also brought in to give information about approaches to treatment, and current clinical studies.
For more information, please contact TJ Christenson at 503-807-4054 or via email - Click here to email TJ