A child's diagnosis of Type 1 Diabetes can be frightening and overwhelming. You're not alone -- we're here to help you and your family every step of the way. Each year more than 15,000 children are diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. Every day kids with diabetes lead normal, happy lives. We can you help understand and manage your child's condition.
What we offer
We provide comprehensive clinical and consultative services for children with diabetes. The Children's Diabetes and Endocrine Center is recognized by the American Diabetes Association (ADA) for its education and clinical management program. All of our diabetes educators are certified by the ADA. Our program provides education and nutrition management for more than 1,600 children on an annual basis.
We give families the support they need to understand and manage Type 1 or 2 Diabetes on a daily basis. Our onsite social worker meets with families to answer questions and help manage a new diagnosis.
Additional services include:
- Day or evening classes about diabetes and obesity as well as insulin resistance
- A specialized endocrinology nurse who helps with any injections or medication needs
- Telephone Triage -- physicians are available by phone 24/7 to answer all your questions
- Sick-day management in clinic -- we help you adjust insulin levels
- Weight management classes as needed
- A physician who understands the special needs of transgender kids
Endocrine disorder services
We offer a family-centered comprehensive approach to children with endocrine disorders. We provide clinical and consultative services as needed.
Some of the endocrine disorders we treat include:
- Growth hormone deficiency
- Precocious puberty
Maya Hunter, M.D., Pediatric Endocrinologist
Karin Selva, M.D., Pediatric Endocrinologist
David Snyder, M.D., Pediatric Endocrinologist
Sevket Yigit, M.D., Pediatric Endocrinologist
Randall Children's Hospital at Legacy Emanuel
Medical Office Building 2
501 N Graham, Suite 375
Portland, OR 97227
Hours: M-F, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Randall Children's Specialty Clinics at Legacy Medical Group - Cornell
1960 N.W. 167th Place, Suite 103
Beaverton, OR 97006