Neonatal Nurse Practioners (NNPs)
These dedicated professionals provide round-the-clock care for NICU babies. Our NNPs are employed by Legacy Health and work under the direction/supervision of the NICU medical director. Our NNPs are specially trained to work with premature infants and are licensed to do procedures and write orders.
Neonatologists are medical doctors who have had:
- At least 4 years of medical school
- Three years of residency training in general pediatrics
- Three years of additional training in newborn intensive care
- Certification from the American Board of Pediatrics and the Sub-board of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- Fred Baker, M.D.
- Louise Baxter, M.D.
- Howard Cohen, M.D.
- Bret Freitag, M.D., NICU Medical Director, Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center
- Robert Huston, M.D.
- Joseph Kaempf, M.D.
- Candice Lengyel, M.D.
- Patrick Lewallen, MD., NICU Medical Director, Randall Children's Hospital
- Rebecca Mischel, M.D.
- Martha Nelson, M.D.
- Valerie Newman, M.D.
- Craig Novack, M.D.
- T. David Pawlik, M.D.
- Stefanie Rogers, M.D.
- Nicole Schmidt, M.D.
- Kara Stirling, M.D.
- Sean Sweeney, D.O.