Important Reasons to Choose Us
- We've designed the NICU environment to promote healing, with private family rooms.
- Our outcomes and survival rates for babies with chronic lung disease are some of the best in the nation.
- We offer a wide range of medical services in one place.
- Our care is personalized and family centered. You are an important part of our care team.
- Our staff is respectful of and sensitive to your family's wishes and cultural preferences at the bedside. We are experienced with and welcome families from a wide variety of cultural and religious backgrounds.
Our NICU services are available at two locations:
Randall Children's Hospital: Level IIIC — a regional referral center, has the highest level NICU available in the state for critically ill or preterm infants born up to 16 weeks early to 28 days old. Services include a complete ECMO program. The NICU is recognized by Vermont-Oxford Network as a national benchmarker. Our new facility, one of the largest in Oregon, features 31 single private rooms and seven private twin rooms, in an environment promoting healing and built using evidence-based design principles.
Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center: Level IIIB, the highest level in Southwest Washington, for critically ill or preterm infants born up to 18 weeks early and older. The NICU has capacity to care for 25 babies in seven private rooms and three rooms capable of caring for twins, with room for an additional seven infants in the special care nursery. If an infant needs additional services at Randall Children's Hospital, the Kids Team mobile ICU is available 24/7.