Randall Children’s Hospital is a regional leader in providing expert trauma care to injured children. As the first hospital in Oregon and the first children's hospital in the Pacific Northwest to receive a Level 1 pediatric trauma center verification from the American College of Surgeons (ACS), our specialized trauma team provides life-saving care to children through a state-of-the-art resuscitation area that is just steps away from imaging services and operating rooms that are ready around the clock. Once assessed and stabilized, pediatric trauma patients undergo comprehensive treatment and recovery at Randall Children’s Hospital, which includes a pediatric intensive care unit, acute care services and the only inpatient pediatric rehabilitation program in the Northwest.
Our Trauma Team
Minutes count when a child is injured. Our expert trauma and surgical care is immediately available 24-hours-day, 7-days-week. Led by a panel of experienced pediatric trauma experts, our trauma team includes:
- Trauma surgeons
- Specially-trained trauma nurses
- Orthopedic surgeons
- Oral and maxillofacial surgeons
- Child life therapists
- Social workers
Programs and Services Just for Kids
Other Supportive Care Including:
Injuries are the leading cause of childhood death and disability in the United States. Legacy Emanuel and Randall Children’s Hospital is dedicated to preventing injury by developing safety programs and education that specifically target high-risk areas for children in our community.
- Trauma Nurses Talk Tough: Legacy trauma nurses reach thousands of people in the community every year with life-saving messages, including talking to children and teens about life, bicycle and auto safety.
- Stop at 4” campaign to stop window falls. Window falls are predictable and can be prevented. We provide valuable prevention strategies and products to families.
- Safety Center: Located on the Legacy Emanuel campus, our Safety Center offers below-retail cost child safety products.
- Bike/Sports Helmet Sales and Fittings: Each year, Legacy provides more than 5,000 helmets for children and adults who bike, skateboard or snowboard, at a nominal or no fee, based on need. Current events.
- Car safety seat clinics
- Home safety classes