For patients and visitors at Randall Children's Hospital
We want your child's stay with us -- or your visit -- to be as pleasant and comfortable as possible. If you have further questions, please call 503-413-2200.
The information below is specific to Randall Children's Hospital. Here's more information that applies to all Legacy hospitals.
CarePages are free, personalized web pages to help Legacy patients and their loved ones keep in touch before, during, or after hospitalization. Post messages, updates, and pictures, and receive responses from those who can't be with you. To get started, visit the CarePages website.
Bank machines: A US Bank and cash machine is located on the first floor of the Legacy Emanuel Medical Center Hospital East Wing (up the ramp/stairs from the main lobby).
Gifts can be purchased at two locations:
- Emanuel Hospital Gift Shop, (503-413-4272) on the first floor by the hospital's main entrance of the hospital. Open 7 days a week.
- The Gallery in the Atrium, 503-413-4338 (501 N. Graham) offers gifts and other small items. Located on the first floor of the Medical Office Building Atrium. Open Monday through Friday.
Healing gardens are on third floor and between the Randall Children's Hospital and Legacy Emanuel Medical Center.
Interpreter services: The hospital has access to interpreters for a number of foreign languages. Your nurse will be happy to provide more information this free service.
Lost and Found items can be inquired about by calling Safety/Security Services at 503-413-7911.
Mail, flowers and balloons will be delivered to the patient's room or forwarded to a home address if the patient has been discharged. (No flowers or plants in critical care areas.) Because many patients are allergic to latex balloons, please don't bring them to the hospital. (Mylar balloons are allowed.)
Newspapers are available in the front lobby outside the main entrance.
Notary services are available to patients free of charge upon availability. Ask your nurse for more information.
Prescriptions can be filled at The Apothecary, an outpatient pharmacy in the Medical Office Building Atrium.
Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Phone: 503-413-4225, fax: 503-413-4515.
Televisions are provided in each patient room.
Wireless Internet service is available in specific areas of the hospital; please ask your nurse.
All patients receive nutritionally balanced meals, including those with special dietary needs, at these times:
- Breakfast, 7:30 to 8:30 a.m.
- Lunch, noon to 1 p.m.
- Dinner, 5 to 6:30 p.m.
Guest trays may be ordered for visitors; just ask your nurse. A cash payment will be collected on delivery.
The Courtyard Café, the hospital's cafeteria, is on the first floor of the East Wing, East of the lobby. It features light snacks, hot entrees, grill items, salad bar and more.
The Hearbeat Café is located west of the main lobby in the Emanuel Medical Office building Atrium. Open 24/7 and offers free deliveries in the hospital.
- Basement--down the hall from the main surgical waiting area and at the opposite end of the basement
- First floor--just inside the Atrium
- Second floor--around the corner from Lactation Services
Please see this page of information about lodging for patients and families.
Free parking is available in our lighted parking structure close to the hospital lobby entrance and in other posted visitor areas. See a campus map.
Security escorts are available around the clock to escort you to your car in hospital parking lots. Call extension "0" from inside the hospital or 503-413-7911 and we'll be happy to assist you.
Bus schedules are available in the hospital lobby, by calling TriMet at 503-238-7433, or by consulting the Trimet website. Randall Children's Hospital at Legacy Emanuel is served by Routes 2, 24 and 44.
Patient discharge areas
- Main entrance on N. Gantenbein Avenue, one block west of N. Vancouver Avenue
- North entrance, next to Emergency Services entrance
- 501 N. Graham, the Medical Office Building entrance (south side of hospital)
- 2919 Kerby Ave., Day Surgery entrance
Electrical Equipment - Due to government safety codes, the only items you may use in patient rooms are battery-operated shavers, radios, clocks and laptop computers. Please leave all other electrical equipment at home.
Tobacco-free Policy - Legacy Health is now entirely tobacco-free. (If you're trying to quit, we can help!)
Chapains are available 24 hours a day and may be reached through Spiritual Care at 503-413-4151 or the switchboard operator, "0." Your pastor, rabbi, priest or other faith representative is welcome to visit during your hospital stay. The Chapel of the Incarnation is on the first floor of Legacy Emanuel Medical Center and is open at all times. A brief, informal interfaith worship service is held on Wednesdays and Sundays at 11:30 a.m.
Visiting hours are generally between 11 a.m. and 9 p.m., but can vary according to patient needs. Please keep in mind:
- Patients need care. Mornings and early afternoons are busy times for patients, doctors and nurses. Treatments, personal care and consultations usually happen between 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Patients need rest. Please keep visits brief and limit the number of visitors. On the day of surgery, check with the nursing staff before entering a patient's room. If you'd like to call a patient's room phone, please do it before 9 p.m.
- Patients need privacy. You may be asked to leave briefly during procedures, treatments, or other care activities.