The employees and volunteers at each of Legacy's hospitals and clinics have made us a national leader in environmentally responsible health care. Here are just a few of their accomplishments.
Legacy Emanuel Medical Center
- Hosts a weekly farm stand with fresh produce for employees, guests and the community
- Achieved a reduction of toxic materials and a mercury-free environment
- Operates recycling programs for sterile blue wrap (made of spun polypropylene), kitchen oil and solvents
Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center
- Serves organic, sustainably grown and harvested food
- Offers a weekly farm stand with fresh produce to employees, guests and the community
- Acts as the drop-off location for a community farm subscription service
Legacy Meridian Park Medical Center
- Achieved full-circle recycling of food and paper-based material and recycling programs for sterile blue wrap, kitchen oil and solvents
Legacy Mount Hood Medical Center
- Winner of the Gresham G.R.E.A.T business award for leadership in environmental management
Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center
- Built in 2005 as a nearly paperless operation, with native landscaping, extensive natural lighting and "green" building materials, Salmon Creek made Healthcare Design Magazine's Top 10 Green Hospitals in 2006.
- Partners with local government and community organizations to hold events to collect and properly dispose of pharmaceuticals, electronics and other waste that could release toxins in the environment