Designed by nurses for nurses, this unique nursing program prepares new graduate nurses by organizing and overseeing all aspects of their transition. A network of nurses act as preceptors, mentors, and “debriefers,” supporting the new graduate nurse professionally and emotionally throughout the program which lasts a full year. With proven success, after just 18 weeks of precepted time, new grads achieve the same competence and self-assurance as a nurse in practice for 18 months.
- A mentor provides professional guidance along with acclimation to the unit of hire for a full year.
- The 18-weeks of precepted time and curriculum is comprised of core and specialty curriculum and guided clinical experience.
- The curriculum focuses on courses featuring current and emerging clinical guidelines and standards, labs and simulations.
- A minimum of 18-weeks of clinical experience is led by expert preceptors at the bedside.
- Routine debriefing sessions with trained facilitators provide a safe place to share experiences with other nurses in the cohort.
- Looping experiences to different units enhance communication between health care professionals.
As an R.N. resident, you will be hired into a specific unit at one of Legacy Health's medical centers or Unity Center for Behavioral Health. Units of hire are based on candidate preference, as well as available openings in the department. See the list of specialty areas.
The next Legacy Health R.N. Residency program will begin on Monday, August 6, 2018. The application process for this summer cohort is now open.
The deadline to submit all materials is Wednesday, May 2, 2018 5 p.m. PST. To apply, please log onto Legacy Health’s careers webpage accessible here: click on “Find jobs and apply” and apply to job #17-3593.
For additional information about Legacy Health’s R.N. Residency Program, please review the list of frequently asked questions.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.