Balancing work and family
At Legacy, you’re not just a body performing tasks. We recognize the individuality of our employees and celebrate the diversity your many interests and experiences bring to our facilities. Legacy provides many opportunities to help you balance your work and family responsibilities.
- LA Fitness Discount: Legacy has a membership discount arrangement with LA Fitness giving our employees access to over 15 fitness centers throughout Portland and Vancouver at a lower price than would otherwise be offered.
- Paid Time Off: We provide approved paid leave (APL) up to 38 days a year (depending on length of service) for vacation, sick time, federal holidays and to give employees the opportunity to celebrate the religious and cultural holidays of their choice. Whatever time you accrue is yours; you can cash out any APL you don't use, or you can donate it to a fellow employee through the Gifted Paid Leave program.
- Employee Volunteerism: Legacy sponsors employee teams that participate in many local health-related runs and walks. In addition, Legacy is the only regional healthcare organization to sponsor a Community Service Leave program that allows employees paid time off to participate in community volunteer projects.
- Pharmacy Discounts: Legacy pharmacies provide discounts to Legacy employees for non-prescription health items.
- Employee Assistance: Legacy’s Spiritual Care departments oversee Employee Assistance Funds, through which employees can support co-workers who are experiencing personal or family difficulties. In addition, Legacy’s Gifted Paid Leave program allows employees to donate APL to other regular full- or part-time employees.
- Safety: At locations that do not have easy access to an emergency department, we have on-site automatic external defibrillators (AED) and provide employee training in CPR.
- Health Education: Legacy employees are eligible for discounts at Legacy-sponsored health education classes. Plus, our employee health department provides on-going education about issues that may affect you and your family such as H1N1 flu and disaster preparedness.