Administrative Fellowship opportunities
We sponsor one Administrative Fellowship each year for a current Legacy employee or external candidate. Our Administrative Fellowship is a two-year, post-graduate position for recent master's level college graduates with a MHA, MBA with a health care emphasis, MPH, MSN or a master's degree in a related health care clinical field. Legacy's Administrative Fellowship supports emerging leaders by providing a robust developmental opportunity through one year of structured rotations and a year-long project leadership role.
The fellow will report jointly to the CEO and SVP of Human Resources for the duration of the fellowship for overall guidance. The fellow will collaborate with senior executives to develop goals and success measures for each of the rotations. The fellow will also be exposed to management and senior level decision-making by participating in a variety of leadership meetings (Executive Council, Operations Council, etc).
The next anticipated application process to begin in the Fall of 2016. New fellows begin in June or July.
For more information about Legacy's fellowship program, please email fellowships@lhs.
We will begin accepting applications on Thursday September 10, with an application deadline of 5pm October 6.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration (MHA), Business Administration (MBA) with healthcare emphasis, Public Health (MPH), Master’s in Nursing or related field in healthcare, acquired within 2 years from time of application.
- Minimum of one year experience in a healthcare, clinical or hospital setting
Interested candidates will submit the following information by October 6, 2014:
- Online application - visit our website, www.legacyhealth.jobs and login to our TAP system to complete the
online application and release form for the Administrative Fellowship position # 14-2295
- Professional resume – you will be prompted to upload your resume after you submit your online application.
- A one-page personal statement which outlines the rationale behind your decision to enter a career in healthcare and why you are specifically interested in pursuing a fellowship at Legacy Health. You will be prompted to upload your personal statement after submitting your application.
- An official sealed transcript from the institution where you completed your master’s degree.
- Three signed letters of recommendation from:
- A current supervisor
- Previous supervisor or other leader and/or
- Professor/instructor in current graduate program
Application Deadline: Monday, October 6 2014
Phone/video interviews: October 14-27
On-site Interviews: November 10-17, 2014
Selection Announcement: November 21-24, 2014
Start Date: June/July 2015 (Negotiable)
For more information about Legacy's fellowship program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tricia Peck at 503-415-5855