American Heart Association CPR courses
- Legacy Health offers BLS Provider courses for Legacy employees and the community. CPR books are available on most nursing units and additional books are available at each class site.
- AHA BLS Provider – for an initial course, visit the classes and events site.
- AHA BLS Provider – for those with current BLS Provider certification attending a Legacy class, please see the schedule section below for available courses.
- Proof of current BLS Provider certification is required to attend a Legacy BLS Provider course. CPR cards expire on the last day of the month in which issued. Example: An issue date of 5/10/14 indicates an expiration date of 5/31/16.
- If your card has expired, you must take an initial CPR course (visit the classes and events site or call 503-413-3702).
Registration and schedule
- Courses are approximately 3 hours long.
- No registration is required for Legacy renewal courses.
- BLS Provider update courses 2017 class schedule
- BLS Provider update courses 2018 class chedule
- Skills validation sessions (participant must bring a completed online course certification to attend a session)- 2017 class schedule
- Skills validation sessions (participant must bring a completed online course certification to attend a session)- 2018 class schedule
CPR – Basic Life Support instructor
Legacy offers initial and update courses for CPR Basic Life Support (BLS) instructor classes.