Pediatric and neonatal specialized clinical education programs
As part of our effort to improve the care of children in the Pacific Northwest, Randall Children's Hospital at Legacy Emanuel offers the PediNet program of professional outreach and clinical education about caring for critically ill infants and children.
We develop programs with our physicians and professional clinical staff to offer health care providers specialized education to meet their needs. PediNet courses are available at Randall Children's Hospital and other locations upon request. Please see our course catalog for details.
Portland Conferences, Ongoing Courses & Clinical Education
The following programs are available to qualified pediatric professionals.
Information and registration (if applicable) is available online here
- 2018 Medical Education Conferences (Portland locations) - Save the Date!
- Pediatric Emergency and Critical Care Medicine - May 11, 2018
- Back-to-School for School Nurses and Caregivers - Aug. 21, 2018
- Current Topics in Pediatrics - Sept. 14, 2018
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Program (PALS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Randall Children's Hospital Grand Rounds
-Neonatal & Pediatric Critical Care
-Pediatric Emergency & Trauma Medicine
- Pediatric Tracheostomies, Mechanical Ventilation and Respiratory Support Equipment
- Child Life course
- The Playground
Available Outreach Education
Randall Children's Hospital is committed to improving all aspects of the care of children in our region. We recognize the each hospital, facility, practice, group and clinic is unique, so, in addition to the courses listed above, PediNet is also available to develop education tailored to your specific requirements. We travel throughout the region to provide education. We assist you by accurately addressing the pediatric and neonatal educational needs of your health care providers and building a customized experience with an agenda that specifically addresses those needs. For more information, contact the PediNet office at 503-413-3657 or email
- S.T.A.B.L.E. Learner Course
- S.T.A.B.L.E. Physical Exam and Gestational Age Assessment
- On-Site Clinical Shadowing Programs
- Stabilization of the Neonate or Pediatric Patient for Transport
- Pediatric Acute Care
- Newborn Stabilization and Care of the Higher Risk Newborn
- Care of the Critically Ill Child
- Neonatal/Pediatric Respiratory Therapy
Upcoming Regional Courses & Conferences
For questions regarding specialized education, please contact Kim Conrad, BSN MPA RN-BC, coordinator for PediNet outreach education program at 503-413-3657 or email
For questions regarding physician outreach, co-management guidelines and outreach clinics, please contact Maegan Vidal, MPA, PediNet physician outreach liaison at 503-415-5643 or email
Refer a patient:
2017 Children's Services and Provider Directory - click here