Physician Leadership Academy
The leadership academy taught me management skills that we never
learned in our medical training.
-- Steven Mansberger, M.D., MPH, vice chair, director of glaucoma services and fellowship program, Legacy Devers Eye Institute
Legacy is offering leadership development opportunities to physicians and providers on its medical staff.
- Understand the impact of health reform on the organization, physicians, teams and patients
- Lead large-scale change
- Connect physicians with other physicians and administrators
- Provide a high-quality development opportunity
- Local, no-cost continuing medical education that directly supports the work of physician leaders
- Curriculum that focuses on helping physicians lead in an increasingly complex and changing environment
- Provide knowledge and information on leadership that is not provided in medical school
- Learn from knowledgeable faculty including members of Legacy’s senior leadership team and subject matter experts from inside and outside the organization
- Get articles, books and other relevant resources that support leadership
- Participate in ongoing learning that interfaces with Legacy’s senior leaders
Program faculty includes members of Legacy’s senior leadership team and subject matter experts from inside and outside of the organization. Many faculty members teach in graduate programs.
Two leadership tracks
Leadership Fundamental electives
Physicians can take one or more single, two-hour classes from the leadership fundamentals course of study and may attend on any Legacy campus.
The Business of Healthcare
Politics & Power
CME is offered for all courses and, for 2014, elective classes are at no charge to Legacy medical staff members.
To register and to learn more about these individual classes, visit Legacy's Continuing Medical Education course calendar. You also may contact Lisa Goren for more information.
Leadership Foundation course of study
Physicians in formal leadership roles who are seeking a more in-depth course of study should contact Lisa Goren to learn more about enrolling in the academy’s Leadership Foundation program, a two-and-a-half-day immersion in a variety of health care management and leadership topics.