3rd Annual LISEI Advanced Gynecology Postgraduate Course, April 8, 2016
Click here to register for the LISEI Advanced Gynecology Postgraduate Course. Maximum of 30 attendees.
Click here to register for ACOG Oregon Ssection 24th Annual Meeting on April 9, 2016.
Third Annual Advanced Laparoscopic and Robotic Gynecology Postgraduate Course brochure
The goal of this course is to provide surgeons who perform minimally-invasive gynecological surgery with an intensive hands-on experience in advanced laparoscopic and robotic techniques in a simulated learning environment. Inanimate and animate laboratory sessions will focus on the fundamentals of advanced laparoscopic surgery, instrumentation, laparoscopic energy sources and specific operative procedures including hysterectomy. The intensive hands-on skills laboratory experience will provide each participant with ample opportunity to practice operative procedures under the guidance of skilled faculty, who will staff the labs. Current indications and controversies, as well as new techniques and technologies, will be covered.
- Current tissue extraction practices and recommendations in the wake of the April 2014 FDA safety communication
- Minimally invasive technologies and best practices
- Management of laparoscopic complications
- Upcoming surgical reimbursement landscape
- Incorporation of available technologies into practice
- Advanced laparoscopic surgical skills
After completion of this immersive simulation course, participants will:
- Discuss the morcellation controversy and how, in response, gynecologists, urogynecologists and gynecologic oncologists have adapted their practice
- Recognize best practices for laparoscopic and robotic hysterectomy, including identifying pertinent anatomy, demonstrating appropriate electrosurgery principles and demonstrating tissue extraction techniques
- Discuss laparoscopic complications
- Distinguish quality measures by which gynecologic surgeons will be evaluated and how this will impact reimbursement
- Apply techniques of laparoscopic suturing (intra- and extracorporeal knot tying), safe use of electrosurgical modalities and tissue extraction
- Demonstrate advanced laparoscopic and robotic procedures through simulation in inanimate and animate labs
Who should attend
Gynecologists with an interest in advanced laparoscopic and robotic surgery, as well as residents and fellows seeking increased knowledge and skills in gynecologic procedures.
April, 8, 2016, 7 a.m.—6 p.m.
The course will be held in Portland, Oregon. the didactic and lab portion of the course will be held at Legacy Research Institute, which is next door to the Crowne Plaza Hotel where the ACOG Oregon Section 24th Annual Meeting will be held on April 9, 2016.
Legacy Research Institute
1225 N.E. Second Ave.
Portland, OR 97232
If you have questions regarding the course, please contact:
Katie Lehner, Surgical Training and Compliance Coordinator
Legacy Institute for Surgical Education and Innovation