Our Quality Assurance Standards
We dedicate a significant portion of time and resources to quality assurance and quality control activities.
A wide variety of quality assurance and quality control systems are used to monitor the accuracy and reproducibility of laboratory services, because the monitoring of test procedures alone is insufficient to ensure final report accuracy.
Legacy Laboratory Services monitors the quality of the entire process from initial request, through test performance, to the prompt reporting of the result. When possible, proficiency test samples are analyzed with every type of test performed.
Proficiency testing sponsors to which we subscribe include:
- American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC)
- American College of Medical Genetics (ACMG)
- College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Forensic Drug Testing Accreditation Program (CAP/AACC)
- Instand e.V.: External Quality Assessment Schemes in Medical Laboratories, Düsseldorf, Germany
- National Laboratory Certification Program (SAMHSA/NIDA)
- National Society of Histotechnology (NSH)
- Pennsylvania Department of Health, Bureau of Laboratories
- Vitamin D External Quality Assessment Scheme (DEQAS)
- Wisconsin State Laboratory of Hygiene (WSLH)