ICD-10 for Physicians and Providers
ICD-10 is live, as of Thursday, Oct. 1 (see CMS website for more related information). Legacy Health will continue to update this site with the latest ICD-10 news.
More documentation support
Legacy has increased its Clinical Documentation Improvement staff by 188% in order to better support this transition to ICD-10 documentation terms and standards.
Epic ICD-10 Support during transition
For help with Epic ICD-10 question during the conversion, call the EHR Support Center. Legacy staff will be available to answer questions Oct. 1–Oct. 9. Visit the MyLegacy Intranet (Legacy login required) for exact hours of availability each day.
Are you ready for ICD-10? Whether you are a physician, manager or support staff, follow this checklist and confirm you're ready to go.
- Review “education tools for you” page. This is your one-stop list of resources.
- Review Epic Problem List Calculator online training videos (Legacy login required):
- Training Video: Ambulatory Problem List Calculator
- Training Video: Inpatient Problem List Calculator
- Remove ICD-9 codes from personal SmartPhrases. Make sure ICD-9 codes are removed from your personal smart phrases in Epic now that ICD-10 is live.
- Update your Epic personal reporting workbench reports. Make sure you've updated these reports by removing ICD-9 codes and replacing with ICD-10 codes. If ICD-9 codes are still housed within these reports on or after Oct. 1, the reports will be invalid.
- Update department forms and policies. Make sure you've updated or discarded departmental paper forms, downtime forms and departmental policies that reference ICD-9.
- Close all Ambulatory Provider encounters that require diagnoses by end of day on Wednesday, Sep. 30. (Example: office visit encounter)
- Attend drop-in sessions at hospitals. Get your coding questions answered. Schedule is posted below.
New! The Epic Problem List Calculator is your ICD-10 Easy Button
As of August 11, the Epic Problem List Calculator is available to help you find correct terms, which can then be applied to your notes.
Training on the Problem List Calculator via recorded on-demand web sessions (Inpatient and Ambulatory-focused) is now available.
To access these two-minute videos, you will need to log in using your Legacy credentials (user name and password):
Tip sheet available for enabling Compatibility Mode so your computer can recognize multiple versions of Internet Explorer
The latest from CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services)