Tech notes: Avoid delays and surprises—change your password now
Have you changed to a “strong” password?
By mid-year, strong passwords will be required on all Legacy Health computers.
For those who are still awaiting this forced change, Information Systems and Services recommends changing passwords proactively to avoid the potential delays in accessing your computer, the Legacy network or Epic. You could face
- A 10-minute delay before being able to log into other applications
- If working remotely, some have experienced up to a one-hour wait before being able to log in to Citrix applications
From now through June 21, you can change your password voluntarily and avoid a scheduled forced change.
How to change your password
Physicians and providers who do not regularly log into Legacy computers can change their password through Epic:
- Log into Epic using your current network credentials.
- Once in Epic, click the down-arrow to the right of the "Log Out" option in the top right corner of the screen.
- Choose the option to "Change Password..." and follow the on-screen instructions.
Here are full instructions for changing passwords in Epic>>
Back to current edition home page