Murrey: Physicians key part of team guiding Randall Children’s Hospital
This fall Randall Children’s Hospital at Legacy Emanuel welcomed a new leader, Chief Administrative Officer Mady Murrey, M.N., BSN. She succeeds Carla Harris, R.N., who retired in early October after 16 years of service.
eDocTalk posed a few questions to Murrey. Here is what she said.
Why did you choose Legacy for your next career step?
I chose Legacy for three reasons. The first reason is that the mission of the organization, "Our legacy is good health for our people, our patients, our communities and our world," aligns with my leadership philosophy to serve people.
The second reason is Legacy’s senior leadership team’s dedication to and support of that mission.
The third reason is that Randall Children’s Hospital is an amazing children’s hospital with outstanding service and quality of care outcomes. The hospital is well positioned to be a national leader.
What is your philosophy on relationships with physicians?
I see physicians as a key part of a collaborative team that guides Randall Children’s Hospital.
What can physicians expect from you?
I care about Legacy and believe in leading, problem solving and caring for our patients, physicians and staff. Physicians should expect me to listen, partner with them and be an accountable leader whose first priority is our staff, patients and families.
This is what physicians can expect:
- I will hold fast the values of the Legacy Health.
- I will work together with you and within the community to create systems that effectively and efficiently produce excellent pediatric health care and a healthier generation of children.
- I will garner support for Randall Children’s Hospital from our community, political bodies and philanthropists to assure resources are available for the future for our children.
- I will recognize daily that our successes only come through the extraordinary work and commitment of our employees and community providers.
- I will never lose sight of the difference that each of you makes every day in the life of a child. I will always be mindful and grateful for this opportunity to serve you and our community.
Back to current edition home page