Education and support from Legacy
ICD-10 implementation is here
ICD-10 is live, so check this site regularly for the latest updates, and visit "education tools for you" for the latest tip sheets and other resources.
The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) declared implementation of ICD-10 codes on October 1, 2015. That means that now only ICD-10 code sets are used to report medical diagnoses and inpatient procedures.
Legacy Health strives to keep our providers up-to-date on the latest ICD-10 information. We continue to monitor reports from CMS, and will regularly update this site as new information and resources are available.
Continued medical education is an important part of Legacy Health’s commitment to providing quality, cost effective care to our community. To help solidify our physician’s ICD-10 knowledge base and ease the transition, Legacy continues to offer multiple ICD-10 training avenues to medical staff members. Click here for a full list of training opportunities.
New! The Epic Problem List Calculator is your ICD-10 Easy Button
As of August 11, the Epic Problem List Calculator is available to help you find correct terms, which can then be applied to your notes.
Training on the Problem List Calculator via recorded on-demand web sessions (Inpatient and Ambulatory-focused) is now available.
To access these two-minute videos, you will need to log in using your Legacy credentials (user name and password):
For additional information to what is shown in the training videos above, check out the following PowerPoint presentations:
The Problem List calculator works in conjunction with the existing Visit Diagnosis calculator to guide providers on selecting more specificity for diagnoses. In addition, Epic uses diagnosis terminology that supports both ICD-9 and ICD-10, easing the transition for providers.
How to access other ICD-10 training resources
- Medical staff members and their office staff may take ICD-10 training through Precyse University. Depending on specialty, education modules may run 10 min to 2.5 hours. Requests to access the training are handled by email and may take up to six business days for processing. Click here to submit request for Precyse training. You will need to include your name (or staff members name), specialty, phone number and email.
- Providers not on the Legacy medical staff may take ICD-10 education via their professional organization(s) or the Oregon Medical Association:
- OMA ICD-10 Training offerings
- Take advantage of ICD-10 specialty tip cards and PowerPoint presentations developed for Legacy medical staff members. To access the tip cards, visit the MyLegacy intranet page (Legacy login required). In the "search" box, type in "ICD-10 tips" and you'll find the tip cards and related presentations.
- Download the Precyse University ICD-10 Doc Guide app, which is a tool to quickly retrieve information on how to document the most common diseases and conditions.
Looking for a conversion tool?
Check out this free conversion tool from United Healthcare. Just type in the code, and choose to convert from ICD-9 to ICD-10 or ICD-10 to ICD-9.