We want to make sure patients understand what the doctors, nurses and other medical staff tell them. We also want to make sure we understand what patients tell us.
To assist, Legacy offers interpreters in about 200 languages. Interpreters help patients and support people talk with medical staff in their language.
• The service is free.
• You can ask for an interpreter anytime, day or night.
• Interpreters are available in person, by phone or through video.
Just ask us
• To request an interpreter, please tell staff when making your appointment or as soon as you arrive.
• For general questions about interpreters, call 503-413-3104 from Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• You can also contact us through email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We don’t allow family or friends to interpret for patients except in rare cases. While every effort will be made to honor requests for a particular interpreter, Legacy cannot guarantee a particular interpreter will be assigned to the patient’s appointment.
For Legacy staff
For Legacy staff who need information about Interpreter Services, please see the Legacy intranet. Enter “interpreter services” in the “Search MyLegacy” box.
How to contact us
Legacy Interpreter Services