Legacy Devers Eye Institute
Legacy Devers Eye Institute — a private, nonprofit clinical and research institute — provides comprehensive eye care supported by a world-renowned research team. It is also the largest provider of free and low-cost eye care in Oregon.
Your gift can help save sight
We look forward to a future with bright possibilities for the treatment and prevention of eye disease. Your donation will support comprehensive, clinical eye services, world-renowned research and community education.
Ways to give
We have six different funds to support Legacy Devers Eye Institute. You can make a gift online to any of the six funds below.
- Devers general fund: provides general support to Legacy Devers Eye Institute. Donate here
- Devers indigent fund: supports charity care at Legacy Devers Eye Institute for patients who are unable to pay for their care. Donate here
- Jack Cioffi Fellowship fund: provides annual support for both clinical and research fellows at Legacy Devers Eye Institute. This includes the Discoveries in Sight Research Laboratory at the Legacy Research Institute. This fund greatly enhances our ability to attract top residents and fellows throughout the world, furthering our international reputation of excellence. Donate here
- Mark A. Terry, M.D. Endowment for Corneal Care: supports groundbreaking research, equipment and general programmatic needs in corneal care services. Donate here
- Richard Chenoweth, M.D. Chair of Ophthalmology Endowment: supports ophthalmology care at Legacy Devers Eye Institute. Donate here
- E. Michael Van Buskirk Research Chair Endowment: supports the Discoveries in Sight Laboratory, which brings together clinicians and scientists to expedite the development of new technologies and treatments in the fight against blinding eye diseases. Donate here
If you would like to learn more about Legacy Devers Eye Institute and other giving opportunities, please contact Rena Whittaker, executive director of Good Samaritan Foundation at 503-413-5585.
If you prefer to mail your donation, please make checks payable to Good Samaritan Foundation and send to P.O. Box 4484, Portland, OR 97208.