Legacy Oregon Burn Center
3001 N. Gantenbein
Portland, Oregon 97227
Physicians: To transfer a patient to us, fax this transfer sheet.
A leader in burn care
Legacy Oregon Burn Center is a leader in burn assessment, treatment and rehabilitation, as verified by the American Burn Association and the American College of Surgeons. We're the only facility of this kind between Seattle and Sacramento
From surgeons, nurses and anesthesiologists to physical therapists, social workers and psychologists, our multi-disciplinary team works together to provide the best possible burn care.
Unique features that make a difference
We have 16 beds in 16 private rooms, treatment areas designed specifically for children and a host of other features that make us one of the finest burn centers in the country:
- Special beds with a zoned air surface that adjusts to the patient's weight distribution, reduces body pressure and minimizes skin and tissue damage.
- A communication system that allows nurses to communicate with each other from room-to-room. The system reduces response time in emergencies and enables patients to instantly call their own nurses and support staff.
- Hand-held diagnostic devices to analyze blood samples at the patient's bedside within minutes. This advanced technology allows medical team members to rapidly detect and correct potentially life-threatening conditions that burn patients can face.
- A critical care monitoring system in all patient rooms, with portable monitors that travel with patients whenever they have to be moved
- Specially designed hydrotherapy tables that provide highly regulated temperature and pressure controls, for gentle and effective cleaning of the injured tissues
- An innovative lift, hoist and rail system that allows a nurse to safely move and reposition a patient (weighing as much as 350 pounds) without assistance from other staff
- A unique Healing Garden for both the physical and emotional support of the patient, family and staff—the first therapeutic garden in the country developed specifically for burn patients.
- In our admission/treatment room, our attending physicians directly admit patients for initial assessment, stabilization and treatment. Everyone is treated regardless of their ability to pay.
- Outpatient therapy services are available at the Legacy Emanuel Chronic Wound & Outpatient Burn Clinic.
- After an acute phase at the Oregon Burn Center, patients may spend time at the Rehabilitation Institute of Oregon, an independent program located at Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center.
Teaching and learning
Other online resources
For more information on fire safety, burn awareness and the prevention of burn injuries:
Support the Oregon Burn Center
Contributions to Emanuel Medical Center Foundation support the specialized care needed for the treatment of burn injuries, rehabilitation, and education, including the Burn Prevention and Education program. To make a tax-deductible contribution, please see our online donation form.
People of all ages and most medical histories are potential donors. One individual organ, eye and tissue donor could save or enhance the lives of more than 50 people. To learn more or sign up online, visit www.donatelifenw.org.