Cancer Support Groups and Classes
Legacy Cancer Institute provides a range of cancer support groups and classes to help you and your family through the diagnosis, treatment and recovery of cancer. These provide ongoing education, activities and emotional support for individuals whose lives are touched by cancer. Our holistic approach sets us apart, because we understand that you have a life, not just a diagnosis.
Click here for the complete list of free cancer classes, programs and support groups for July–December 2017.
Most groups are open to family and friends and are offered at a variety of times and locations.
*Please contact the class leader with questions or to register
Movement, exercise and mind/body classes
These classes are held regularly. They are located at Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center unless otherwise noted.
- Look Good, Feel Better: ACS program for women coping with skin and hair changes
- Expressions of Healing: Art and Community
- Felting Workshop
- Finding Center: Art Making for Mindfulness and Stress Reduction
- Gardening Workshop for Individuals with Cancer
- Nature Walk and Stenzel Healing Garden Tour
- Words for Healing: A Writing Workshop Series for Women Healing from Cancer
Movement and Exercise
- NIA Exercise Group for Individuals with Cancer (community location)
- Step into Fitness: A Nutrition and Exercise Program
- Pilates for Individuals with Cancer
- Qi Gong for Individuals with Cancer
- Yoga for Individuals with Cancer (Mount Hood and Good Samaritan Medical Centers)
*Before attending a movement or exercise class, please have your doctor fill out this form. Bring the completed form with you to the first class.
See the full list and descriptions of free cancer classes, programs and support groups for patients and their families here.
Cancer support groups
Legacy sponsors a range of support groups and classes for those dealing with the effects of cancer. The support groups listed below are held at Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center unless noted otherwise.