Patients treated at the Legacy Gamma Knife Center are cared for by a team of specialists who work together to develop an individual treatment plan that includes services to help with manage your symptoms and other challenges of cancer treatment. Your team is lead by a radiation oncologist and neurosurgeon with special training in Gamma Knife.
Plus, patients benefit from a range of support services from the Legacy Cancer Healing Center:
- Massage therapy from an oncology-certified massage therapist
- Stress management
- Evaulation, referrals and advice for complementary (integrative) treatments from a nurse practitioner
- Diet and nutrition from an oncology-certified registered dietitian to help cancer patients feel better and heal faster
- Cancer rehabilitation to help improve quality of life and symptom management
- Social support to help meet the emotional and practical needs of patients and families