Heart failure is the leading cause of hospital admissions for patients 65 and older.
- More than 5 million Americans are living with heart failure
- Half a million are newly diagnosed with heart failure each year.
- Within 30 days of leaving the hospital, 27 percent of heart failure patients are readmitted.
Heart failure is a chronic illness. It is can also be referred to as CHF, chronic heart failure or congestive heart failure. Learning how to manage this condition is crucial to minimize symptoms and prevent hospital admissions. Legacy Heart Services is committed to your success. We provide quality care for heart failure patients and make managing the disease easier.
Legacy Heart Services has multiple locations to care for patients. From the emergency room to outpatient services, we provide continuous care. We base our quality care on:
- A multi-disciplinary team of doctors, technicians and nurses specialized in treating heart failure
- The American Heart Association's best practices to decrease length of stay and readmissions associated with heart failure
- Having a registered heart failure nurse, trained extensively in heart failure management and treatment, at each medical center
- These advocates provide education and support for you while you are in the hospital to help you better manage your condition.
- Heart failure nurses work closely with inpatient cardiac rehabilitation nurses and the social work staff for your smooth transition out of the hospital.
- Heart failure nurses provide follow-up with you after discharge to help answer any questions you may have, encourage healthy lifestyle behaviors and monitor how you are dealing with your illness.
Ask for the heart failure nurse coordinator:
|Legacy Emanuel Medical Center
2801 N. Gantenbein Ave.
Portland, OR 97227
| Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center
1015 N.W. 22nd Ave.
Portland, OR 97210
| Legacy Meridian Park Medical Center
19300 S.W. 65th Ave.
Tualatin, OR 97062
| Legacy Mount Hood Medical Center
24800 S.E. Stark St.
Gresham, OR 97020
| Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center
2211 N.E. 139th St.
Vancouver, WA 98686
Our partner physicians include:
William M. Davies, MD — cardiology
Celia K. Dervan, MD — cardiology
Sandeep Garg, MD — cardiology
Maureen B. Goldring, MD — cardiology
Miguel A. Gomez, MD — cardiology
Nandita Gupta, MD — cardiology, clinical interest in heart failure
Ramnik S. Jhooty, MD — cardiology
Sandra J. Lewis, MD — cardiology, clinical interest in heart failure
John H. McAnulty — cardiology
Judith A. Nigro, DO — cardiology, clinical interest in heart failure
Michael R. Parsons, MD — cardiology
Shawn Patrick, MD — cardiology
Robert F. Quintos, MD — cardiology
A look at some of Legacy's heart failure nurses: