We understand how hard it is to have, or to care for a loved one with a brain or nervous system disorder. That’s why we make finding just the right care as easy as possible. All six of our Portland-Vancouver area medical centers offer comprehensive neurosurgery services.
We have specialized care at our Level 1 trauma center — Legacy Emanuel Medical Center plus a program for brain and spinal cord cancers at Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center. From diagnosis to surgery to rehabilitation, all of our neurosurgery care is coordinated. We will come alongside you and be your guide toward healing and recovery.
Children are treated by pediatric neurosurgeons at Randall Children’s Hospital at Legacy Emanuel, and by the pediatric oncologists at our Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders program.
Our neurosurgery team
- Prominent neurosurgeons from across the Portland-Vancouver area — many with very specialized expertise
- Neurointensivists (doctors who care for neurosurgery patients while they are in the hospital)
- Neurorehabilitation therapists
- Social workers and chaplains trained to care for neurosurgery patients and support their families
- Neuropsychologists to help patients and families cope with the challenges of recovering from strokes, brain surgery and other neurological conditions
A specialized hospital unit
Recently remodeled, this healing environment at Legacy Emanuel nurtures patients with plenty of natural light. Family members and loved ones enjoy comfortable rooms where they can visit with patients. Each room has its own bathroom and shower. There are also communal family areas for relaxing, a family business center with computers and free Wi-Fi, and private consult rooms.
The unit offers compassionate care for complex conditions with such features as:
- Sophisticated brain monitoring systems that alert staff to even the most subtle change in brain activity
Nationally recognized nurses and staff trained just to care for neurosurgery patients
A program dedicated to spinal cord injuries
Cutting-edge clinical trials and research: lab research, as well as patient clinical trials. Learn more about Legacy Research Institute