The Legacy Stroke Program is a nationally accredited stroke program, reaching the highest level of certification. The goal of these certifications and guidelines is to reduce death and disability from stroke.
- Comprehensive Stroke Center. Legacy Emanuel Medical Center is certified by DNV-Healthcare as a Comprehensive Stroke Center. This designation recognizes the hospital has the resources and capabilities to treat the most complex stroke cases.
- Primary Stroke Centers. Legacy Good Samaritan, Meridian Park, Mount Hood and Salmon Creek medical centers were certified by The Joint Commission as Primary Stroke Centers in 2018. This designation recognizes centers that have an established program to care for stroke patients effectively and met high standards that improve care and outcomes.
- Get With The Guidelines is the premier hospital-based quality improvement program for the American Heart Association and the National Stroke Association, recognizing those hospitals that treat heart and stroke patients according to the most up-to-date guidelines. In 2018, Legacy stroke care received the following recognition:
- Legacy Emanuel Medical Center –– Gold Plus; Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center –– Silver Plus; Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus
- Legacy Meridian Park Medical Center –– Gold Plus; Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus
- Legacy Mount Hood Medical Center –– Gold Plus; Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus
- Acute Stroke Ready Center. Legacy Silverton Medical Center is supported in the assessment and treatment of acute stroke by the stroke specialists at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center through tele-medicine. Patients requiring hospital admission may be transferred to Legacy Emanuel or Legacy Meridian Park medical centers.