Traumatic brain injury and concussion
Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
Legacy Emanuel provides the highest-possible-rated trauma care — Level 1 — to care for patients with brain injuries. This means that the most advanced and highly specialized expertise is available 24/7 to diagnose and treat brain injuries, including:
- Sophisticated brain monitoring systems — the most comprehensive in the area — that alert staff to even the most subtle change in brain activity
- Highly trained neurosurgeons involved in clinical and basic neurotrauma research on-site 24/7
- Nurses that have specialized training and national certification in the neurosciences (CNRN)
- All the services needed to make the most accurate diagnosis in the shortest amount of time possible, including imaging and lab services
- Specialized neurotrauma expertise
- Cutting-edge clinical trials and research: lab research, as well as patient clinical trials
A concussion is a mild form of traumatric brain injury. Although most people with a concussion make a quick and full recovery, sometimes symptoms can linger.
Learn more about sports-related concussion.