Following are signs of a concussion:
- Difficulty thinking clearly, concentrating or remembering
- Feeling slow
- Headache, blurry vision
- Nausea, vomiting
- Dizziness or balance problems
- Sensitivity to noise or light
- Irritable, sad or emotional
- Sleeping more or less than usual; trouble falling asleep
You may see these signs right away, even for days or weeks after the injury. You may suffer some symptoms until you go back to everyday activities.
With rest and gradual return to activity, symptoms should go away within a week or two. If not, talk to your doctor or call the Legacy Concussion Program at 503-672-6005.