We care deeply about your family's safety-that's why all five Legacy hospitals have electronic security systems and other precautions in place to protect infants and children. Please help us by following these guidelines:
- Never leave your baby unsupervised, even if you're just taking a shower. The nurses will watch the baby for you if needed, and babies will be attended while in the nursery.
- Don't give your baby to anyone without proper verified hospital identification. Anyone asking to take your baby from you should have Legacy Women's Services picture ID. You or a family member always have the right to accompany your infant out of your room.
- Feel free to ask questions about routine nursing procedures, feeding, visiting hours and security measures.
- If an unfamiliar person enters your room or inquires about your baby, even if they're in hospital attire or seem to have a reason for being there, ask to see their picture ID. If you're uncomfortable about them, alert your nurse immediately.
- Find out where your baby will be taken for tests, how long the tests will take and who authorized them.
- Please don't let visitors carry your infant in the hallway. As a safety precaution, our nursing staff has been directed to question anyone who is carrying a baby.