A child's diagnosis of Type 1 Diabetes can be frightening and overwhelming. You're not alone -- we're here to help you and your family every step of the way.
We provide complete comprehensive clinical and educational services for families dealing with juvenile diabetes. Our diabetes education program is recognized by the ADA (American Diabetes Association) for our excellent curriculum, service and access. We have a team of two nutritionists and 2 RN's who are all certified CDE's (Certified Diabetes Educator) by the ADA. Our program provides diabetes education, nutrition management and counseling to over 900 children a year.
We give patients and families the support they need to understand, manage and tackle the challenges of diabetes. We have an on site Social Worker who is available to provide additional support and education they need to understand, manage and tackle the challenges of diabetes.
Our diabetes program offers a variety of classes that address the many aspects of diabetes. Education is provided in both individual and class formats and includes individual and group insulin pump starts with Accu-check, Omnipod, Animas, Meditronic pumps and the iPro 72 hour continuous glucose monitoring.
Additional services include:
- Day or evening classes about diabetes and obesity as well as insulin resistance
- A specialized endocrinology nurse who helps with any injections or medication needs
- Telephone Triage -- physicians are available by phone 24/7 to answer all your questions
- Sick-day management in clinic -- we help you adjust insulin levels
- Weight management classes as needed
- A physician who understands the special needs of transgender kids
- Educational classes to help you and your family thrive with diabetes including Diabetes Burnout for Teens. See our full list of classes:
For school orders information: School Orders Information
There is a wide variety of endocrine disorders we see in our clinic. We provide family centered care with support from both our R.N. and licensed social worker.
Endocrine conditions that we we treat include:
- Growth concerns: short stature, growth hormone deficiency, underweight
- Puberty concerns: delayed puberty, precocious puberty, irregular periods, polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Thyroid disorders: hypo or hyper thyroidism, thyroid nodules, some thyroid cancers
- Endocrine abnormalities after cancer treatment
- Pituitary hormone conditions
- Adrenal disorders: congenital adrenal hyperplasia, Addison's disease, Cushing's disease
- Bone conditions including osteopenia, osteoporosis, calicium metabolism disorders
- Transgender children and adolescents: pubertal suppression and cross hormone therapy with appropriate mental health evaluation
Maya Hunter, M.D., Pediatric Endocrinologist
Radhika Purushothaman, M.D. Pediatric Endocrinologist
Karin Selva, M.D., Pediatric Endocrinologist
David Snyder, M.D., Pediatric Endocrinologist
Sevket Yigit, M.D., Pediatric Endocrinologist
Randall Children's Hospital at Legacy Emanuel
Medical Office Building 2
501 N Graham, Suite 375
Portland, OR 97227
Hours: M-F, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Randall Children's Specialty Clinics at Legacy Medical Group - Cornell
1960 N.W. 167th Place, Suite 103
Beaverton, OR 97006
We have several outreach clinic locations from Eugene to Longview. Not all of our physicians work at these clinics. Please call to see if one of these clinics would work for you.
- American Diabetes Association
- Gales Creek Camp for children with diabetes
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International
- Trialnet Screens relatives of people with Type 1 diabetes.
Primary Care Providers: Please complete the referral form including the reason as indicated for the diagnosis and fax it to our office. RCH Diabetes and Endocrine referral form RCH Diabetes and Endocrine referral list of requirements RCH Diabetes and Endocrine referral letter for new patients
Parents: Once we receive your child's information from your primary care provider we will review the information and call you schedule the appointment. If we ask your primary care provider to order any additional labs or x-rays, it is very helpful to have these done prior to your appointment. RCH Diabetes and Endocrine Health History form