Kids come first
Our young patients receive all their care from partnering pediatric cardiologists and our pediatric surgeon. Cardiac registered nurse case managers support each patient and their families both before hospital admission and after discharge.
As a patient, your child will be treated with equipment, facilities and procedures all geared specifically to kids. And as a parent, you'll be kept involved and informed every step of the way by our dedicated and experienced team of doctors, physician assistants and nurses.
We are proud to have Dr. John Iguidbashian as director of the Children's Heart Program. Dr. Iguidbashian is nationally recognized and board certified in congenital heart surgery. He completed his fellowship in congenital heart surgery at Randall Children's Hospital and has been an attending cardiac surgeon here since 1996. The surgery team includes Jason Lines, PA-C, a physician assistant specializing in congenital heart surgery, anesthesiologists, perfusionists and nursing staff with specific training in congenital heart surgery.
The Children’s Heart Program’s surgery outcomes are submitted to and evaluated by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS). The STS database is considered the gold standard to examine outcomes. The STS organization represents the average mortalities and hospital stays for 117 centers in the United states and Canada that participate in the STS database. For more information our surgical outcomes click here.
- We offer surgery and palliation for all congenital heart defects, performing approximately 200 open heart surgeries each year
- As a bloodless surgery center with the most advanced equipment and technology available, we're committed to medical and surgical alternatives for those seeking bloodless care.
- Child Life Program -- we offer a compassionate and comprehensive approach to meeting the emotional, social and developmental needs of children and teens. Our activities may include music, art, and healing garden therapy.
- Complete fetal program -- Through our close relationship with perinatologists in Maternal-Fetal Medicine, many of our patients are identified in utero. This early detection of complex heart problems allows for immediate care for the baby at the time of delivery.
We also offer:
- Advanced electrophysiology (EP) studies
- Cardiac catheterization suite equipped with a state-of-the-art biplane fluoroscopy
- Leading-edge procedures including valvuloplasties, pulmonary artery and aorta balloon procedures and more
- "PedCath" software for cardiac catheterization, producing a customized cardiac diagram and physiologic report for every patient
- Cardiac MRI
- Cardiac CT
John Iguidbashian, M.D., board-certified pediatric and adult cardiac surgeon
Jason Lines, PA-C, certified physician assistant
In partnership with Pediatric Cardiology Center of Oregon:
Peter Chang, D.O., board-certified pediatric cardiologist
James Kyser, M.D., board-certified pediatric cardiologist
Marc LeGras, M.D., board-certified pediatric cardiologist and electrophysiologist
Lindsay Urbinelli, M.D., board-certified pediatric cardiologist
Jennifer Corbin PA-C, certified physician assistant
Children's Heart Program
Randall Children's Hospital at Legacy Emanuel
Medical Office Building 3, Suite 250
300 N. Graham St.
Portland, OR 97227