We've put together some helpful guidelines around your visit to the NICU.
- Parents may visit any time. If possible, please avoid visits during shift changes (7am - 8am and 7pm - 8 pm) because nurses use this time to exchange important patient information.
- Parents may designate other family members or friends who may visit when they're not present.
- Three people may be present at the bedside at any given time. Exceptions may be made during religious ceremonies or when special procedures, treatments or evaluations occur.
- For your baby's protection, handwashing is required of all visitors prior to entering the unit. A special scrub area is located just outside the main family entrance of the unit.
- We require that siblings be with an adult at all times, both in the unit and when using the family lounge.
- Family members and guests must be free of illness when visiting, as babies are very susceptible to infections.
- Please respect the privacy of other patients and their families, especially when taking photographs or video of your newborn. Our staff cannot answer questions about other babies or families in the unit.