Pediatric Admission and Discharge Services
We know children need more than medicine to get well. Before children are hospitalized, it is important to know what to expect to help prepare for a hospital stay. Our Pediatric Admission and Discharge Services team provides knowledge and compassion to families to help meet the emotional, social and developmental needs of children and teens before, during and after hospitalization.
What we offer
- Registered nurses provide information about your child’s hospital stay and can help coordinate resources you may need while you are in the hospital
- In-person, pre-operative appointments for open heart surgery, spine surgery and other special cases
- Pre-operative phone calls for all surgical, spine, sedation, endoscopy, cardiac catherization and open-heart surgery patients
- Post-operative phone calls for all surgical, sedation, ER, hospitalist, cardiac catherization and cardiac surgery patients
- Collaboration with anesthesia to insure patient safety and comfort
- Management of hospitalist calls during the daytime, and troubleshooting day-to-day issues for patients, families, staff and provider offices
Our nurses are highly knowledgeable in pediatric care and telephone triage, with comprehensive experience and expertise. They are active in our hospital’s ongoing patient experience and quality improvement efforts, but first and foremost, they are advocates for our patients.
Our nurses serve as a resource to patients and families – helping with questions about symptoms, medications and follow-up care, and assisting with housing through the Ronald McDonald House.
For any general or non-urgent questions, please call us.
PLEASE NOTE: Your doctor’s office will give you your check-in time and eating and drinking instructions for surgery. Please call them directly for this information.
To prepare for surgery, go here or download our fact sheet.
Patient and Family Support
Children’s Day Surgery