Legacy Emanuel Medical Center
Legacy Emanuel is nationally known for expertise in critical health conditions and features specialists in virtually every field of medicine.
Legacy Emanuel Medical Center, founded in 1912, plays a vital role in the Portland metropolitan area and in the Pacific Northwest region as a medical center with around-the-clock expertise for critical health conditions, while giving the feel of a community hospital.
Legacy Emanuel offers a range of specialized care, including:
- Neurosciences — nationally recognized stroke care, neurosurgery, neurology, neuro-interventional radiology, traumatic brain injury and rehabilitation
- Maternity – home to Legacy Medical Group - Maternal Fetal Medicine offering complete care for high-risk pregnancy and Legacy Medical Group - Midwifery
- Emergency medicine - an emergency room open 24 hours a day with board certified physicians
- State-of-the-art diagnostic imaging and screening
- Trauma care – the hospital is a designated Level 1 Trauma Center, one of only two in the state
- Burn care – home to the Level 1 Legacy Oregon Burn Center, the only burn center of its kind between Seattle, Sacramento and Salt Lake City
Legacy Emanuel Medical Center awarded national chest pain certification
LEGACY IN THE NEWS: A night in the life of a trauma nurse
LEGACY IN THE NEWS: Legacy Emanuel Acknowledges Past, Looks Forward to the Future