Randall Children's Hospital at Legacy Emanuel has been a regional leader in the care of infants, children and teens for decades. Our pediatric experts understand that children are different than adults-physically and emotionally. That's why we provide comprehensive services for children to meet their health needs on every level. Our new home will match the excellent care currently provided by our doctors, nurses and staff with:
- A kids-only emergency department more than twice its existing size and completely separate from adult emergency care. With 22 private rooms, the department is staffed 24 hours a day by doctors and nurses who specialize in children's care.
- A Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that provides the area's highest level of care for premature and critically ill newborns and offers all private rooms for families. Private rooms are shown to improve healing for newborns by giving them the quiet to rest more.
- A 25-bed Children's Day Surgery Unit
- A 24-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- A new gym for the only children's inpatient rehabilitation program between Seattle and Oakland.
Plus specialists in virtually every field of children's medicine, including:
- Neonatal and Pediatric intensive care
- Surgical specialties
- Rehabilitation and development
- And much more…