Legacy in the News: Randall Children’s Hospital helps the Children’s Cancer Association celebrate Valentine’s Day for CCA
February 12 and 13, 2014
For 9 years the Children’s Cancer Association has been celebrating Valentine’s Day for CCA, a telethon and radio-thon for programs that serve children at Randall Children’s Hospital at Legacy Emanuel and Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center, like MusicRx , the Chemo Pal program and the Caring Cabin.
This year Randall Children’s Hospital helped the CCA celebrate Valentine’s Day by participating in five stories, including a concert in the main lobby, featured during the FOX 12 telethon:
• Joe V. learns about MusicRx in the Randall Children’s Hospital Children’s Emergency Department featuring Sue Reynolds, R.N., manager of the Children’s E.D.
• MusicRx program offered to thousands of kids in the Portland metropolitan area featuring Caden, Randall Children’s Hospital patient, playing Smoke on the Water on his Stratocaster, with his MusicRx specialist
• Chemo Pal Specialist, Bree Thompson, shares her special connection to cancer in the Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders Program Day Treatment Room. Her sister Molly, was a patient at Randall Children’s Hospital, and her parents founded Miles for Molly, the organization that sponsors and hosts our annual holiday party.
• Regina Ellis, founder of the Children’s Cancer Association, talks about why the Alexandra Ellis Resource Center is important for families.
• Laura Viers, folk singer, and Chris Funk, of the Decemberists, perform a concert for the kids at Randall Children’s Hospital.
For more information contact: Maegan Vidal.