Legacy Cancer Institute provides a range of services to help you and your family through the diagnosis, treatment and recovery of cancer. Our holistic approach sets us apart, because we understand that you have a life, not just a diagnosis.
Legacy offers a variety of free classes, programs and support groups for cancer patients and their families. These provide ongoing education, activities and emotional support for individuals whose lives are touched by cancer. Most groups are open to family and friends and are offered at a variety of times and locations.
These classes are held regularly. They are located at Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center unless otherwise noted.
- Dance for Couples (community location). Read the Oregonian story, "Steps for Healing"
- Exercise and Healing
- Gardening Workshop for Individuals with Cancer
- NIA Exercise Group for Individuals with Cancer (community location). Hear from breast cancer patients how Nia is helping them heal.
- Pilates for Individuals with Cancer
- Yoga for Individuals with Cancer
Before attending a movement or exercise class, please have your doctor fill out this form. Bring the completed form with you to the first class.
Cancer support groups
Legacy sponsors a range of support groups and classes for those dealing with teh effects of cancer. The support groups listed below are held at Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center unless otherwise noted. Plus, here is a schedule of all cancer support groups and classes.
- Brain Tumor Support Group (see schedule)
- Breast Cancer Support Group
- Breast Cancer Support Group at Legacy Meridian Park Medical Center
- Breast Cancer Support Group at Legacy Mount Hood Medical Center
- Gynecological Cancer Support Group
- Head and Neck Cancer Support Group
- Lung Cancer Support Group
- Lymphedema Education & Support Group at Legacy Meridian Park Medical Center
- Prostate Cancer Support Group