This test is useful for the
• Serological evaluation of patients who present with a subacute neurological disorder of undetermined etiology, especially those with known risk factors for cancer.
• Directing a focused search for cancer.
• Investigating neurological symptoms that appear in the course of, or after, cancer therapy, and are not explainable by metastasis.
• Differentiating autoimmune neuropathies from neurotoxic effects of chemotherapy.
• Monitoring the immune response of seropositive patients in the course of cancer therapy.
• Detecting early evidence of cancer recurrence in previously seropositive patients.