Volunteers are an integral part of Legacy Health. Find out how to get involved.
Is volunteering for you?
- Can you make a weekly commitment for one year?
- Are you compassionate and want to help others?
- Are you willing to learn?
Then Legacy welcomes your help! Our volunteer opportunities include:
- Greeting visitors and providing information and directions
- Assisting at fundraising and community events
- Escorting patients
- Courier service
- Beverage cart
- Hosting at Green Gables Guest House
- Visiting children in pediatrics
- Special projects
- Volunteering with Legacy Hospice
Above and beyond the satisfaction of serving others, Legacy volunteers receive:
- Courtesy meal pass
- Invitation to recognition events
- Service awards
- Use of fitness centers at employee rates
- Educational workshops
- Annual flu vaccine, subject to availability
- Free parking
Different volunteer opportunities are available at each Legacy facility. If you're interested, please call:
Legacy Good Samaritan (NW Portland): Ginger Adamovics, 503-413-7012
Legacy Emanuel (NE Portland): Vesta Smith, 503-413-4839
Randall Children's Hospital at Legacy Emanuel: Cynthia Manchester, 503-276-6950
Legacy Meridian Park (Tualatin): Genie Aylor, 503-692-2186
Legacy Mount Hood (Gresham): Kaitlyn Morrell, 503-674-1217
Legacy Salmon Creek (Vancouver, WA): Arlene Kraft, 360-487-1040
Legacy Hospice (Portland metro area): Lori Cannon, 503-225-6385
Legacy Hospice (McMinnville): Shelley Wagener, 503-472-9685 or 800-361-8506
Legacy Hopewell House Hospice (SW Portland): Larry Hansen, 503-244-7890 or 800-903-5118
Thank you for sharing your time with us!