Burn Patient Resources and Education
Leaving the hospital after a burn injury
You will receive your own copy of Your Guide to the Oregon Burn Center. You will also get additional education and resources about your care. Please read your information carefully and ask if you have any questions.
Your social worker will meet with you to arrange your discharge - either to go home or to a rehabilitation facility depending on your needs. Together we will create a plan to meet your goals for a safe discharge. This plan will include:
• Helping you get any equipment or support you need.
• Determining if you are able to go home or need additional care at another facility.
• Teaching you how to change your dressings (wound care bandages).
• Information about nutrition to promote healing after a burn injury and how to take care of yourself at home.
• Information and referral to burn resources and community support
Legacy Emanuel Chronic Wound and Outpatient Burn Clinic
Surgical and Burn Specialists
503-288-7535 (Emanuel campus)
503-692-0444 (Meridian Park campus)