Patient resources and education
Home : Health Services & Information : Health Services : For Adults A-Z : Heart services : Patient resources and education
Heart patient resources and education
We care about your heart and can show you how to keep it healthy.
- Know the signs of a heart attack
- Heart attack signs for women
Know the signs of a heart attack
- Chest pressure or tightness
- Pain to shoulder, arm, jaw and neck
- Difficulty breathing, heavy sweating
- Unusual heartburn or indigestion
*If you feel or see these signs, call 9-1-1 at once. Do not drive yourself or others to the hospital.
Signs often felt by women
- Chest pain that feels like an ache (some women do not feel chest pain)
- Upper body discomfort in the arm(s), back, neck, jaw or stomach
- Feeling tired or weak
- Anxiety or a sense of doom
- Nausea, vomiting, dizziness or loss of consciousness
Healthy Heart Lectures
As part of our cardiac rehabilitation program, patients and family members are invited to attend education classes ranging from Nutrition 101 to Stress Management. Pre-registration is required.