Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Cancer Program
The Legacy Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Cancer Program specializes in treating cancers of the liver, pancreas, bile ducts and gallbladder. Our comprehensive services include the latest technologies and therapies, along with a range of support services. We combine an outstanding level of expertise with a profound compassion for healing.
Treatment of liver and pancreatic cancer -- especially metastatic liver cancer -- is rapidly evolving. Surgery is an option for more patients than ever before. Legacy Health also offers clinical trials and leading-edge, less-invasive interventional treatments, in addition to chemotherapy.
Legacy ranks among the nation's top cancer programs and has received multiple quality awards including the Outstanding Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeons' Commission (ACS) on Cancer. The ACS ranks Legacy's cancer program as one of the best in the nation.
We provide comprehensive services to support you both physically and emotionally. At Legacy you will have all the support and care you need to deal with your diagnosis. Learn more about:
- Chet Hammill, MD, surgeon specializing in hepatobiliary cancers and the medical director of Legacy's Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Cancer Program
- Board-certified interventional radiologists Jason Bauer, MD, and Andy Cox, MD, specializing in minimally invasive (interventional oncology) procedures for liver cancers
- Medical oncologists throughout the Portland-Vancouver metro area
- Radiation oncologists in multiple locations
- Nurse navigators to help patients understand their treatment and its side effects, coordinate services to help minimize symptoms, and provide emotional support
- Nurse practitioner Reza Antoszewska, NP-C, providing survivorship services to support patient quality of life throughout and after treatment
- Gastroenterologists Harald Schoeppner, MD, Saad Jazrawi, MD and Derek Taylor, MD