More options for surgical care
Legacy Silverton Medical Center offers the cutting-edge technology of robotic-assisted surgery across several specialties.
Robotic surgery at Legacy Silverton Medical Center
Robotic-assisted surgery makes surgery quicker and safer and is now available in your backyard. This cutting-edge technology allows surgeons to perform minimally invasive procedures that result in less pain for patients and quicker recover times, too.
Robotic surgeries we perform:
- General surgery – Hernia repair, reflux surgery, colorectal surgeries, gall bladder surgeries and more.
- Gynecology (GYN) – Hysterectomy, fibroid removal, uterine or vaginal prolapse repair and more.
Talk to your doctor about whether robotic assisted surgery is the best choice for you.
The benefits of robotic procedures
- A robot allows greater surgical precision. The robot holds miniature instruments and can be manipulated with more agility and in ways impossible for a human hand.
- Robotic surgery is "laparoscopic," meaning minimally invasive, when compared to traditional "open" surgery. Instead of one long incision, the surgeon makes smaller incisions that are a mere 1/4- to 1/2-inch in length. Minimally invasive surgery, as compared to open surgery, results in:
- Less blood loss
- Reduced chance of infection
- Less prominent scarring
- Shorter hospital stay and recovery time
- For most patients, minimally invasive surgery also yields less pain, reducing the need for pain medication and minimizing the length of time you'd need to take it.
- All this can lead to much shorter recovery times and a quicker return to normal activities.
About Legacy Silverton Medical Center
Legacy Silverton Medical Center has been a part of mid-Willamette Valley community for more than 100 years and offers a range of innovations to improve the health and life of our patients. Our hospital system includes a renowned hospital, emergency room, birth center and a variety of clinic locations, backed by an extensive network of medical and surgical specialists.